Travel through my hometown
Come with the author of Blog Teresa Vai de Férias, on a journey to her deepest origins, to the places where the family was born and which influenced her path.
So many stories to tell about childhood, spent between these lands and Lisbon, trips that were almost weekly in a time when there were no highways, always with a ready travel bag. A nomad who grew up between two worlds and then, for many years, traveled on the wings of TAP, always with a suitcase ready for the next adventure.
Life is made up of circles and on returning to her origins, Teresa takes you through the villages she knows well, on the outskirts of Caldas da Rainha, where traditions still remain and time seems to have stopped, while telling stories and explaining how if you lived in the old days.
This is a tour of a lifetime made in a single day where only small groups can participate because there is so much to discover. Country life, traditions, the importance of agriculture, ancient traditions, the way you lived in small rural areas is a little of what you will discover in this unique opportunity, of discovery and sharing of stories.
For this tour it is necessary to take your own vehicle, transportation may be provided and the price is not included in the final price of this tour
- Meeting and departure at 2 pm on Rua Direita, 20 in Foz do Arelho
- First stop at Ponte Romana for some photos.
- Feteira (39.402735, -9.083607)
- The next stop is at Moinho de Madeira das Boisias, which is open to the public every first Sunday of each month.
- Boisias (39.4106344, -9.0555239)
- After enjoying the scenery and sharing some stories, it's time to head towards the Alvorninha Dam.
- Alvorninha (39.384785, -9.030434)
- In Alvorninha there will be time to enjoy the scenery, stop at the small café in the village and visit the Igreja Matriz and the Chapel of Senhor da Misericórdia.
- Wine tasting in Cortém, a small village in the Vidais parish, where internationally medalized organic wine is produced.
What to take?
- Lightweight and comfortable backpack.
- Footwear and clothing suitable for hiking
- Hat and sunglasses
- A camera or smartphone to record the best moments of the walk.
- A bag to bring your trash with you.
When to go?
All seasons are excellent
Your Personal Protection Kit (mask and alcohol gel)
Name: Travel in My Land
Distance to travel by car: 30 km
Approx. duration: 4h
- Follow government guidelines and recommendations issued by WHO and DGS with regard to the use of personal protective equipment and physical distance.
- Thus, in this activity, which takes place in an outdoor space, the use of personal protective equipment such as the mask is not mandatory. However, it will be an option for the participant to use it or not.
- In contrast, the rule of physical distance of 2 m side by side and 4 meters in a row is mandatory and must be complied with during the activity.
- Anyone who is infected or with symptoms of Covid 19 cannot participate in our events.
- Failure to comply with these rules can lead to exclusion from the activity.
- Limited to 6 participants.
Note: For more detailed information, booking and purchase contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (+351) 967198394