Let's go to the market
In a village, in the most unlikely place in the world, the largest open-air market in the country takes place every Sunday morning. Here we find a little bit of everything, clothes and trinkets, leather and furniture, vegetables and fresh products, plants and plastics, livestock and pets and food.
During this tour we will talk about the traditions of the land, with our help, do the shopping and stop for a cake or a snack. At the end of the tour, and before returning home, we stop to eat roasted chicken with chips and rice in one of the market stalls.
Departure from Rua Direita, 20 Foz do Arelho by 9:30 am towards Mercado de Santana, located 20 kms away. The tour has an estimated duration of 3h30. Departure from the Market and return home at 1:30 pm. Travel and car price not included in the tour price, transportation can be provided when requested.
What to take?
- Lightweight and comfortable backpack.
- Footwear and appropriate clothing
- Hat and sunglasses
- A camera or smartphone to record the best moments
When to go?
All seasons are excellent
Your Personal Protection Kit (mask and alcohol gel)
Name: Let's go to the market
Distance to travel by car: 40 km
Approx. duration: 3h30
- Follow government guidelines and recommendations issued by WHO and DGS with regard to the use of personal protective equipment and physical distance.
- Thus, in this activity, which takes place in an outdoor space, the use of personal protective equipment such as the mask is not mandatory. However, it will be an option for the participant to use it or not.
- In contrast, the rule of physical distance of 2 m side by side and 4 meters in a row is mandatory and must be complied with during the activity.
- Anyone who is infected or with symptoms of Covid 19 cannot participate in our events.
- Failure to comply with these rules can lead to exclusion from the activity.
- Limited to 8 participants.